Tuesday, May 10, 2016

18 - Roostercat, Denver (Capitol Hill)


Coffee Shop:
Roostercat Coffee Co.
http://roostercatcoffeehouse.com
1045 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80203

Date Visited:
Monday, May 9, 2016
About 12:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.

Purchased:
Medium (16 oz) coconut milk latte: $4.00

Their menu said that there was a .50 cent charge for soy/almond/coconut milk....but they didn't charge me...

Roostercat's web site says that their espresso is "Promised to be one of the best tasting espressos ever!"  When I got there I asked if it really was special and the barista said yes, but I think he may have just been agreeing with me.  He didn't offer any details or anything.  Still, I decided to go for it.  I ordered a 16 oz coconut milk latte.

(There's a latte inside.)

I wasn't that impressed.  Granted, the espresso taste was the best part, so maybe their espresso is really wonderful.  But the latte was pretty watery and there wasn't much other flavor or substance.  I also mentioned that I was staying when he reached for a disposable cup, but he said it was easier with the disposable anyway.  I wasn't going to complain...but it's nicer to drink out of a real cup.  Also not that big of a deal, but he spilled a bunch over the edges of the cup (you can see the stains).  (Obviously there was no latte art to speak of.)  So it wasn't one of my better latte experiences.

The coffee shop is a pretty cool place to hang out.  There is a decent amount of seating inside (although it's all medium sized tables that are shareable, but that seem taken over if one person is sitting there; I offered to share my table with someone who was looking for a seat and there was plenty of room for two).  There is also a fair amount of outdoor seating, and fire pits that they light when it is cooler.  I imagine it would be awesome to hang out there with some friends and a drink at night (they also have alcohol and a decent selection of food).  They weren't lit while I was there, though.  The outside is nice, but since it's not on a quiet street I wouldn't like it as much.  Inside, they have a few comfy chairs and a couch and a bookshelf with some books and boardgames, all of which are touched I appreciate.

I didn't have a particularly notable experience, but I felt like at a more social time and with other people Roostercat could be a pretty fun place (but that is a guess).

About the food/drink selection, I noticed that their web site menu is really out of date or incomplete.  There were significantly more options in the store.

No wi-fi issues.

They don't have parking.  As far as I know metered is the only option, or there's a paid lot next door.  I was actually in a free garage a block south, but I believe it is actually designated only for the attached businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment