Friday, May 27, 2016

Crema at Crema!

 
Beautiful, amazing cappuccino with crema at Crema. :)

This is definitely one of my favorite places.  They were SO friendly again and my drink and food were delicious.  And I don't know that there is anything particularly amazing about the shop, but it's a very enjoyable place to hang out.

Coffee Shop:
Crema
http://cremacoffeehouse.net
2862 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205

Date Visited:
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
About 12:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.

Purchased:
Almond Milk Cappuccino: $3.75
PB&J: $8.00
Tip: $1.00
*I even tipped them because they rock my socks.

I had heard conflicting things on what a cappuccino is, which is possibly why I hadn't ordered it.  But I needed to get an espresso drink at Crema and I had faith their espresso would be really good so I wanted to use the opportunity to go heavier on the espresso.  Remember, according to Crema's web site, crema is "the lovely layer of thickly effervescent foam that defines well-crafted espresso..."  So I needed try Crema's crema!

I asked about the cappuccino and macchiato when I arrived.  I have heard that the drinks include specific amounts of foam as well as liquid milk, but the barista said for them it is really just more or less milk.  Their cappuccino was 2 oz espresso and 3 oz milk.  This sounded good and I ordered an almond milk cappuccino.

The barista was super awesome and friendly while talking to me about the macchiato vs cappuccino.

Mmmmmmmmmm I may have found my drink.

It was ridiculously delicious.  And the espresso taste was really, really good.  It lived up to the crema hype I created.  And I really liked the ratio of espresso to almond milk.

Also - they did not charge extra for almond milk!

"Espresso is all in the nose,"  their web site continues.  "The aroma of espresso lives in the crema so swirl it around. Get your nose right down in there. Inhale deeply."

I sipped my drink and held it up in front of my nose and inhaled deeply.  It smelled delicious.

This place rocks.

And there was a little star when I finished!  Awwww.


AS IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH.

Last time I was at Crema I noticed that they had a PB&J on their menu for $8.  I wanted to ask if it was the best peanut butter and jelly ever.  This time I did.  I was also hungry and pretty sold on trying it because I was intrigued.  This is a very reasonable coffee shop, so if they are charging $8 that must be a reasonable representation of how amazing the PB&J.

The answer is basically yes, it's the best PB&J ever.  But it's not really a PB&J.  It actually has almond butter mixed with peanut butter.  And DATE jam!  (That's just fun.)  And goat cheese.  I just had them hold the goat cheese.


And it came with a side of quinoa or greens (or other things, but they weren't vegan).  I opted for the quinoa.  It had veggies mixed in and was delicious!  The plate came out very hot and the almond butter was drippy and gooey and delicious.  I gave it time to cool and started with the quinoa.  Both were really good.  The sandwich was legitimately one of the best toast-like-foods I have had.

Or maybe it was all just an amazing surprise after being listed on the menu as "PB&J". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment