Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My First Cortado! - Black Black Coffee

My cute little cortado!
Coffee Shop:
Black Black Coffee
http://www.blackblackcoffee.com
3459 Ringsby Ct
Denver, CO 80216

Date Visited:
Thursday, May 19, 2016
About 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Purchased:
Almond Milk Cortado: $3.75
Beetwich Sandwich (avocado instead of cheese): $8.50

Black Black Coffee was the place that introduced me to the idea of enjoying a cortado.  I also LOVED the latte I had and loved the strong espresso taste, so I came back to try amping it up!  A cortado is half espresso (2 shots), half milk.

I was thinking that they had a housemade nut milk (they don't...but I've been to a lot of places), but when I asked they said they just had almond.  I had cashew milk last time with the latte and I wish I had specifically asked about it because I think it was the best, but I didn't.  Maybe they were out or something anyway, but I didn't make sure.

But oh, well.  Still mmmmmm.  The cortado had a really good flavor.  The espresso was pretty strong, but blunted enough to feel like an actual drink to me (as opposed to an espresso shot).  I think I would have been more in love with it with cashew milk, but the espresso was the standout anyway.  It had a very substantial taste.  Good stuff.

Even though it seemed like a drink, it was still a niche drink.  In general I still prefer more of a "drink" I can sit with for a while and that is not quite as strong.  I sat with this, but more "sipped occasionally" than "drank" it.  Of course there is a niche for this!  Just in general a latte still wins.  Although I now prefer strong lattes with really good espresso and cashew milk, like the good budding coffee snob that I am.  Still, I was pleased with the cortado experience!

I also tried their kitchen!  I got a Beetwich, which was a very cool sandwich with beets and stuff like golden raisins.  They let me sub avocado for the cheese with no charge (as is reasonable, good on them).  I think it would have been GREAT if it had had good bread.  And I was expecting it to be a classy sandwich with good bread.  Instead it had good stuff inside, but was on a pretty cheap bun.  With better bread it would have been worth $8.50.  As is...I don't regret trying it, but it wasn't amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment