Monday, June 13, 2016

27 - Weathervane Cafe, Denver


Great place!

Coffee Shop:
Weathervane Cafe
http://www.weathervanecafe.com
1725 E 17th ave
Denver, CO 80218

Date Visited:
Saturday, June 11, 2016
About 4:45 p.m. -  6:00 p.m.

Purchased:
Medium (12 oz) Cold Brew: $3.00

This place is awesome!  I would have loved to hang out for a long time, but I didn't stop by until later and they close at 6:00.  It's so cute and great.  The building is sort of older, so it has that kind of character - like creaky wood stairs.  But mainly it is so styled with the BEST character.

There are multiple rooms, all pretty small, and an upstairs balcony.  Each room has its own little cool feel and the whole shop feels like a great little nook to curl up in with a book or something. AND COFFEE.  I was actually there on a really hot day and DEFINITELY ordered a cold brew.  While I was there it was nice and cool inside.  Such a great place to escape for a while.  I loved it.

This actually isn't where I was sitting, but here is one of the awesome rooms.  IT'S GREAT.

I didn't take a good look, but it seems like they have a decent selection of food, as well.  And lots of drink options.  I was definitely getting cold brew.  And it was good cold brew!  I don't think it was especially special, but it was fairly dark and strong and it was really great to blend with a bit of cream and sugar.  I got my sweet/bitter/awesome cold brew flavor going on.  It was really good for that.

Especially good on a hot day.

It was pretty quiet while I was there.  And there was just one person working, but she was friendly and it seemed to have a friendly vibe overall.  Just a cool place!

Parking was kind of hard, though not overly difficult.  They do no have a lot.  It seemed to be all 2 hr parking in the vicinity, but it wasn't metered.  I was there for less than 2 hours this time, but it would be annoying in general.  The main annoyance (after not having a lot and having to deal with 2 hr street parking) is that they are on a one-way street, so I ended up accidentally circling the block a second time...

No wi-fi issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment