Sunday, June 5, 2016

23 - Sazza, Greenwood Village


"Coffee Shop:"
Sazza
https://www.sazzarestaurant.com
2500 E. Orchard Rd Unit E
Greenwood Village, CO 80121

Date Visited:
Saturday, June 4, 2016
About 3:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Purchased:
Large (12-inch) Double Dough Pizza with vegan cashew cheese sauce and 5 toppings (black olives, red onions, cilantro, fresh pineapple, and wilted spinach): $19.31 (including tax)
Lemonade: $4.29 (including tax)

This definitely falls under the category of "place you can hang out with wi-fi and technically get coffee if you want to."  But it is, indeed, true.

And I LOVE their pizza!

This visit I replicated a pizza that I described as the best pizza I have ever had in my life.  This time I would not say that so there must have been a special combination of events and nuances the other time.  But it was still REALLY GOOD.



They are a bit expensive, but they carefully source all of the ingredients and house-make pretty much everything, and can tell you where everything comes from.  And the price is evident in the quality.  IT'S SO GOOD.

I got a large pizza just for me, which lasts me at least one more meal with leftovers.  I hadn't eaten in the restaurant before, just gotten pizza to go a couple of times.  Since I was staying this time I got into a conversation about their drink menu, which was more extensive with good things than I thought.  They have margaritas and mojitos which they make from scratch, no mix.  The guy said they were pretty expensive, to warn me about the potential sticker shock.  They're about $10 each.  But he knew where all of the ingredients were sourced and I think having one of those with real ingredients and no mixes is worth it.  Especially since mediocre ones push that price range at an expensive place.  So I would like to try them sometime.  But I did not this time.

After hearing about how they make everything a lemonade sounded good.  It was also a bit expensive, but came with free refills.  And it was pretty good.  Nice amount of lemony and sweet.


The restaurant was a nice place to hang out.  They have both indoor and outdoor seating and both is nice.  I got cold inside so I moved outside part way through.  They are near-ish a busy street, but far enough back that outdoors is a nice place to sit.  They were also friendly and nice.

I was working on my computer for a bit, but it's a good balance between that sort of environment and a place you'd go out to have dinner.  It probably leans toward the latter, but I didn't feel awkward.  I always wish there were more sit-down restaurants where it would be acceptable to open up a laptop while eating.  Not that it's forbidden, but I feel really awkward.  And if there is a waiter/waitress they want you to leave whether they make it obvious or not, so I feel weird doing things other than eating.  I guess what I actually wish is that there were more places one could get food that are not sit-down/full service restaurants.

ANYWAY, I loved it because I could get AMAZING PIZZA and hang out for a while and it was very chill.  I suppose pizza places and bars are the places where this is more acceptable.

Bottom line: Really, really good pizza.

No wi-fi isses.

There is a parking lot with plenty of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment