Monday, April 11, 2016

Nixon's Cold Brew

Cold brew with almond milk swirls

Coffee Shop:
Nixon's Coffee House
871 Englewood Pkwy
Englewood, CO 80110

Date Visited:
Monday, April 11, 2016
About 2:45-7:45

Purchased:
Medium iced coffee: $2.35

Second cold brew adventure!  Good on a warm day.  I liked it.  It had a nice strong flavor.  Nothing particularly jumped out at me, and I elected to go ahead and put almond milk and sugar (in the Raw, of course) in it.  They out the almond milk in for me, which made it a bit less easy to personalize...but they were really nice about it and stuff so I can't complain.  Anyway, it was a good amount of almond milk.  I think I missed a bit of the strong flavor after it was added, though (I just got to take a sip, then tell them whether I wanted the almond milk or not, so this is difficult to analyze).  Good thing is I can go back!  One thing I love is that it is genuine cold brew, but not overpriced like some places.  (I say genuine...because when places just have iced coffee where they make hot coffee and then chill it...I think it's so gross.  So there is a clear, important distinction.  And there are other cheater methods.  So this isn't extra fancy, but it's also not faking it.  Good.)  Makes things more casual, but still good.  I did like it better than their hot coffee.  And I totally hung out for five hours because I had to get a bunch of stuff done - so still successful on that front!

No comments:

Post a Comment