Saturday, April 9, 2016

Follow-up: Solid Grounds

Coffee Shop:
Solid Grounds Coffee House
6504 S Broadway
Littleton, CO 80121

Date Visited:
Friday, April 8, 2016
About 1:00-5:30

Purchased:
12 oz almond milk latte: $3.75

I wanted a place I knew I could comfortably sit and work for a while - and I wanted to try this place again because it is exactly the kind of place I wanted to find when I started this and it happened the first day!  So I wanted to go back instead of just hoping I would find something as great again.  I also wanted to try their almond milk latte.  I had previously been wondering if almond milk lattes ever turned out well.  They always SOUNDED like they should be delicious, but every one I ordered had a really bad burnt/bitter taste.  I eventually found one that I liked (quite a bit), but I still think it is odd that so many places use almond milk when I think they turn out so badly.  I was beginning to wonder if that was what they were supposed to taste like and I was just way off the memo.  So I tried almond milk at Solid Grounds, where I had previously had a very, very delicious rice milk latte, so I knew I thought at least one version of their lattes were delicious.

Almond milk latte

I didn't like it as much as the rice milk latte, but I still thought it was pretty good.  So perhaps this partially solves the mystery that I just don't like almond milk lattes as the prime example of a latte, but that they are not supposed to taste innately gross, and are very good when prepared well.

Anyway, I did like this latte a lot.  I remembered to ask for an in-house cup this time (almost forgot, they didn't ask), so I got a nice mug.  But I did have to specifically say I wanted it.  Also, last time I couldn't judge the latte art...it's obviously not part of their specialty...but it's okay because it was a very good latte.  I hung out for a while and drank it slowly, so it was nice that it stayed warm longer in the mug.  I saw on their menu this time that they charge .60 cents for soy, coconut, or almond milk.  So maybe they charge for those, but not for rice milk.  The specific charge was not on my receipt, but the amount was higher than the menu price for a latte (but the receipt just said "latte"...how did they know?)...so I was mildly confused, but this seems to be what happened.
EDIT: pretty positive it is .60 cent charge for all of them

If I was closer I would definitely come here a lot!  I am glad that I found it as part of my coffee adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment