Friday, April 15, 2016

8 - La Belle Rosette, Denver

Coffee Shop:
La Belle Rosette Espresso and Wine Bar
http://www.labellerosette.com
2423 S University blvd
Denver, CO 80210

Date Visited:
Thursday, April 14, 2016
About 2:45 - 4:45

Purchased:
10 oz nitro cold brew iced coffee: $3.49


Nitro Cold Brew!!!!!

Yes.  The picture is really coffee.  Straight up coffee.  What a world we live in!  The unique opportunities available to experience in the modern age!

I had never tried this before and I hd been looking forward to it for a while: Nitro Cold Brew Iced Coffee.  It is nitrogen infused, so it is very foamy and sort of creamier than regular coffee.  It is kind of beer-like.  I definitely saw the resemblance, both in appearance and even taste.  I think it's probably more the nitrogen-added-texture than an actual "taste", but I still interpreted it as a taste similarity.  I should have taken a short video or a sequence of pictures to commemorate the occasion (but I also just wanted to enjoy mu first Nitro Cold Brew), because it was very pretty as it was settling into place.  The "cascading" of the coffee.  You can see the layers more fully formed in the picture that I posted, but it's also still a little mixed.

This was a very exciting experience.

But...okay, I don't think I like Nitro Cold Brew.  It freaks me out.  It was very exciting and I enjoyed trying it, but I am not inclined to actively seek it out again, especially when I love other cold brew so much.

I didn't really like the foamy aspect (which is the whole point).  I liked to look at it!  But it just made it harder for me to drink.  And maybe the beer-foam similarity was just throwing me off.  I think maybe this would be great for a coffee-based mixed drink (not sure though...I didn't like it, so my judgement might be off).

I had to ask for the cup for here - they were about to use a plastic cup.  But especially for a drink like this I want a fancy cup!

I don't think this coffee shop is the greatest place to hang out, which is unfortunate because they do have some food.  It was busy and kind of cramped.  I have been more comfortable in places that were louder or with as many people, so it was a combination of little thing that made it not as nice for me.  The music was a bit loud.  I moved to a couch later on, which was better, but still not great.  It is really near DU so it's a good coffee shop for students, but I feel like it is a better place to get a drink and hang out with people for a little while, rather than sit and work.  But probably near half of the people looked like they were working, and I was too.  It is not bad, just not my favorite.  And I love that they are open later than a lot of places!  So totally a good evening place to hang out.

I didn't take advantage this visit, but they have happy hour from 4-7.  Half price on a lot of items, both food and drink.

They do have good coffee!  Even though I didn't end up liking the nitro, I was still excited about it and it is really cool that they serve it.  This is also the place where I found the first almond milk latte that was good - and it was very good.  Probably top, except for Steam.  I've been here a few other times.  In addition to being an espresso bar...they are also a wine bar!  And they have pretty good drinks of all kinds (though today was just coffee).

No wi-fi issues.

They have a small parking lot in the back.  There might be issues finding a place if it's busy, but the coffee shop was reasonably full when I was there and there were a couple of parking spaces available when I pulled in ( a lot of people probably walk over).

No comments:

Post a Comment