Wednesday, December 26, 2018

43 - 2914 Coffee, Denver (Jefferson Park)



Coffee Shop:
2914 Coffee
https://2914coffee.com/
2914 W 25th Ave
Denver, CO 80211

Look at that name. Look at that address. HOW APT.
Yet I seem to remember that there was more to the story on their website and it was awesome. I do not see it now. This place was on my list back when I lived here, so I was stoked to finally see it.
Oh, I found a little bigger blurb on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/2914coffeedenver/

Date Visited:
Thursday, December 20, 2018
About 1:15 p.m. -  4:00 p.m.

Purchased:
Cappuccino: $4.50
(.50 cent charge for almond milk)
Veggie sandwich (vegan): $7.50
(.50 cent charge for vegan/gluten free oat bread, which was really good!)
^I had it toasted (I don't know if I would ever turn down the option to have toasted bread)
Tip: $1.00 (I was compelled because I got food too, I think, no judgement on all the places I haven't included a tip...)
Total: $13.00

Cute!

Their lattes vs. cappuccinos were just smaller mugs for cappuccinos, so I basically had six options for espresso/milk ratios, starting with a single shot latte, or smaller single shot cappuccino, up to a large. (They could of course also just do whatever you want. But that's not my style, gotta see what they present first.)
I got a double cappuccino.  It was very much basically a latte. However, it did have a decent foam covering.  Not a ton, but decent. There was actually a clear line between the foam top and the liquidy-espresso drink part, which I actually don't like as much as a creamier/smoother drink overall. (I like creamy foam, not airy foam, but I'm not complaining.)  The foam was decently creamy, with pockets of visible air bubbles (so still airy).

Overall it did the job, but wasn't particularly noteworthy. It had a bit of that almost-burnt taste that comes with almond milk sometimes (when it's not as good, as far as I'm concerned), but it was overlookable. Like I said, it was a bit more separated than many.  Since coconut milk usually separates more than almond milk, I think I probably would have liked the coconut milk cappuccino more, since that's kinda how the almond turned out anyway (but I think coconut milk would have tasted better). I noticed that many coconut milk drinks were ordered while I was sitting there, so perhaps regulars know where it's at for this place.  Anyway - overall, decent drink, no big complaints, just no raves either.


I was hungry so I also tried a sandwich. They had a vegan one! With no cheese, plus their gluten free/vegan oat bread, which was really good! The sandwich was just a basic snack, but I like that they have options that aren't just a pastry.  I'm not sure it was really a $7.50 sandwich, but the ingredients seemed fresh (and availability, real estate, convenience costs...whatever. I wouldn't call it a food destination, but if you're there and want food, they have decent options).

The shop is super cute and a fun place to to hang out.  It had a really friendly and comfortable, inviting vibe.  There was a good amount of seating for it being small-ish, and it was balanced just up to the point of not feeling crowded.  There was outdoor seating too.  It was warm for the time of year, but it's December. I didn't try it.  I was really happy with the visit, even if I'm not raving about the actual consumables, and ended up staying longer than I figured I would because it's just a really nice place to hang out.  There is nice natural light and low-key quirky art.

There is ample free, 2-hour parking in the vicinity. Since I was there longer, I moved my car, and one of the baristas told me they do actually have a two dedicated parking spots in the parking lot behind the shop, which is accessible from the alley. So I moved there.

There was wifi with a password and no issues.

The shop is a pokestop.

No comments:

Post a Comment