Thursday, March 31, 2016

Day 3 - Nixon's, Englewood

It was snowing and very pretty out the window.

Good place to get coffee (a bottomless cup!) and hang out.

Coffee Shop:
Nixon's Coffee House
871 Englewood Pkwy
Englewood, CO 80110

Date Visited:
Thursday, March 31, 2016
About 2:45-6:00

Purchased:
In-House Bottomless Drip Coffee: $1.95
"Power Puck" (a nut bar thing): $2.75

I have been here a number of times since it is fairly convenient for me.  They have an in-house bottomless coffee that you can refill as long as you want to stay there!  I don't actually drink that much coffee, but it's nice, and also nice to be able to get a hot drink again when I have been there a long time.  I drank it black.  It is good coffee for when you just want coffee!

Bottomless coffee!

I have gotten oatmeal there before...and they have one other vegan snack.  Since I am justifying things with this blog, I went ahead and experimented and got it since I was there a while (coffee makes me hungry...and I work better when I snack).  It was called a Power Puck, shaped like a cookie, but more like a nut bar.

Snack: A Power Puck

It...wasn't that great.  Although it was probably better than you would expect if you have low expectations for these sorts of things.  It was, however, substantial and filling.  I still did enjoy eating it and it is nice to have an alternative to overdosing on sugar and caffeine while at a coffee shop (depending on which you would prefer at the moment, of course).

It is a good place to hang out for a while.  They have a lot of little tables, as well as larger if you need more room or for multiple people.  There are also some bigger, comfy chairs and a couch.  They also have things to read and some games and stuff that you can pull out and play with people - that is a touch I like.  I like sitting by the window.  It is comfortable.  The glare from the sun is kind of bad, but they have the shades to pull down and filter it.  Today it was snowing, anyway!  It was very pretty and relaxing.

They do NOT have a parking lot.  However, there is plenty of free 2hr parking right outside (which makes this a little more forgivable...though 2 hours is not quite enough for me when I go to a coffee shop, and I detest having to worry about time limits!).  They are also near some other places with big parking lots, so especially if you are multi-tasking on an outing, it is easy to walk over.
***Later edit: There is also a free 4hr parking garage diagonal across the loop (the street) from Nixon's.

I didn't have any major wi-fi issues, although it got slow for a five-second period or so while I was paying attention.

1 comment: