Thursday, June 27, 2019

51 - Novo Coffee Gilpin, Denver

I have been to the Novo Coffee downtown before, and it was memorable and great, but I had not been to this specific shop before. It was memorable and great.

Coffee Shop:
Novo Coffee Gilpin
http://novocoffee.com
1700 East 6th Avenue
Denver, CO 80218

Date Visited:
Sunday, June 2, 2019
About 2:30 p.m. -  4:30 p.m.

Purchased:
12 oz vanilla oat milk latte: $5.25
*vanilla syrup was $0.50 - and house-made! Hence why I got it.
*oat milk was $0.50.

From what I remembered of my previous visit to a Novo coffee shop, I had so much faith that this was going to be an amazing beverage experience. And it totally was. Novo knows what they're doing. Quality control seems awesome.

It's a great little set-up inside. Totally feels like a great coffee shop. It's so classic. An aesthetically pleasing arrangement and assortment of smaller tables with a larger accent pieces, complementing the coffee bar. So classic. They have really large, storefront windows, which I always appreciate. Sometimes that doesn't work out when blinding sunlight is streaming through, so you gotta get the right angles. It seemed good there, but most of the time it as raining really hard, so that was especially awesome with the windows and sidewalk views. It's a cool place to be. Classic, modern coffee shop vibe.

My latte was wonderful.

That wonderful. The way it looks is representative of the whole experience.

I had high expectations, so I was considering a cappuccino, but then I discovered that they made their own flavored syrups and was intrigued. One of my favorite lattes ever was an oat milk latte with maple syrup, so I decided to go with an oat milk latte with their housemade vanilla syrup. Though it was not the best latte I have ever had, it was excellent.

The espresso layer was soooo good. It was all soooo smooth and totally didn't need flavored syrup, but then the syrup was just another layer of good. I am sure the cappuccino would have been amazing and probably the best way to optimize my experience, but the latte+housemade syrup was a more broadening experience. And though I kinda wanted the cappuccino, it's kind of amazing to drink a latte and long for more espresso because the espresso is that good. It's like the feeling of having an amazing vacation spot that you love, and always want more of, but it's nice not to have more of because it's a vacation, not home, and if it was home, it wouldn't be a vacation. It was like that feeling as a latte.

I love it. Great place to hang out, great espresso options, so classy. I LOVE IT.

Parking was easy on the street, free and no time limit.

No wifi issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment